Saturday, May 21, 2011

anniversary

About 2years ago (May 15, 2009, I believe) I bought my (used) car. The car has been pretty good to me - only needing regular maintenance and a new set of tires - with the following exceptions:

May 13, 2010 - The car stalls. While I was driving. Literally making forward progress. And then it just stopped. Cold. It started right up again and I took it straight to the shop. They had it for a day and found nothing wrong. It hasn't happened since. Oh... did I mention it's an automatic?

May 12, 2011 - The airbag warning lights on the dash turns - and stays - on. A quick look at the owner's manual reports the following: "Nothing ever goes wrong with airbags. They're fail-proof! You will never, ever, EVER have to worry about that light going on. BUT, in the 1-in-1,000,000 chance that the indicator light does turn on you should see the dealer immediately because you are about to die." (I may or may not have paraphrased Hyundai's language there.)

So it appears that my car likes to commemorate its (approximate) purchase anniversary by doing something highly improbable. Can't wait to see what's on tap for next year.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I hate how life hands you those 1 and 1,000,000 odds. I will pass the advice that my mom gave me, play the lottery. I hope your car is alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO random. Let's hope next year it's something simple like you need new windshield wipers!

    ReplyDelete