Wednesday, March 2, 2011

wednesday

This week is really busy - my parents are visiting! and a trip to Boston! and a wedding in New Hampshire! - so I planned ahead with a series of scheduled posts involving the aforementioned picture library

Last Thursday I attended a lecture by an Israeli author and journalist, Tom Segev, who discussed his recent book on Simon Wiesenthal, the Nazi hunter.

The topic and talk were both riveting, but I found myself thinking that Segev was somehow familiar. Between his look and accent I knew this guy. I was mentally searching through various show and movies and actors, trying to figure out his doppleganger:

(source)
It then occurred to me who he reminded me of: my great uncle John.

First time fishing, with mom and Uncle John.
You may disagree - and even looking at the pictures I do too somewhat - but he's all I could picture after I made the connection. And that accent. That accent was spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment