Tuesday, January 4, 2011

anew

Well, it has been a while since I've posted. I could rattle off excuse after excuse explaining my absence... and I will.
  1. I'm tired and/or lazy at any given moment and just don't want to post.
  2. I want to post exciting/interesting/witty things here, but (a) exciting/interesting things don't happen to me nearly that often and (b) being witty requires energy I don't always have (see point the first).
  3. I don't have the external motivation to keep posting. People tell me that they read the blog, but so few people comment - and not even consistently - that it just doesn't seem worth it at times. Wah waaah.
It's the new year, so in addition to all the other promises I've made to myself, I'm going to try and post here more as well. Not necessarily daily, as that proved to be a failure, but maybe about twice a week. This newly found inspiration is due to a friend that recently shared her blog (check it out!), and suggested a reasonable posting schedule.

So that's going to be my goal. Here's yours: Comment! If I'm writing, I want to know that you're reading, and what you think. Otherwise, I fear that I may slip again... Get that? The future of this blog rests on your shoulders. That's a lot of responsibility. You better take it seriously.

Because really, whatever will the internet do if this blog doesn't exist?!

2 comments:

  1. I await each blog post with great eagerness, and comment regularly, but your mother commenting doesn't seem to be the response you want. Nevertheless, we enjoy the blog so don't let it idle away into nothingness. After all Julie Powell turned hers into a book! How does this sound for a title: The Maine Event? or Mainely Megh? or Your Maine or Mine? I'll shut up now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this is exactly the same post we've been needing to write on our blog. For me particularly, it takes a lot of energy and effort to write about things I've already done. It seems to come so easy to KK. But then to have so few comments... I like having a fancy record of our lives together to look back on whenever I want, but I do question if it's the best channel to share our lives with others. I will say that if it weren't for adding you and others to google reader, I'd be lost.

    ReplyDelete